So to make a long story short; the story being that the condo that I've been painting and furnishing for the past two years is all wrong and I need to fix it and Chad doesn't understand but he loves me anyway; I have several large projects that I hope to accomplish before my birthday. And one of them is the kitchen.
You know... this one.
So here are the issues:
- The paint color that I had custom mixed drives me insane... too dark.
- Not enough cabinet space, and I hate the color.
- The ceiling track lighting have expensive lightbulbs that are hard to replace and they heat up the room more than they light it.
- The bar stools... broken, hate them, need more.
And here is the plan:
- New paint (Silver Strand: Behr)
- New cabinets (and trust me I've weighed the pros and cons of replacing vs painting): White Custom Cabinets - that will go all the way to the ceiling: IKEA featuring a side open cabinet which I'm very excited about.
And if that isn't enough to be getting on with, and breaking a carefully planned and saved budget - I'm also looking into replacing the 10 year old dishwasher. That was first on the list until a new water heater broke into our emergency appliance replacement fund.