When I was a kid I would often beg my dad to make fettuccine alfredo. It has everything that I love about a meal: cream, butter, pasta… it just needs bacon to be the perfect.
It was the one thing I knew how to make when I left home and so I made it and made it and made it – fortunately for me, this is now one of Chad’s most requested meals. We are definitely a match made in the kitchen 🙂 I could make this in my sleep.
I’ve modified the recipe over the years and this is the way I make it the most.Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Mushrooms
- 1 9oz pkg of Buitoni Fettucine Fresh Cut Pasta (or 10-12oz of fresh pasta)
- 8oz fresh Mushrooms, diced
- 1 lb Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 TBS Butter
- 8oz Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 Cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2/3 Cup freshly grated Asiago Cheese
- 4-6 Cloves fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1 TBS Tabasco Buffalo Style Hot Sauce (optional)
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Sauté mushrooms and set aside.
- Pepper chicken pieces and pan fry in 1 TBS of EVOO. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Add mushrooms and chicken to the bottom of the pot and pour drained pasta over the top. Top with parmesan cheese and set aside.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter and sautè garlic for a minute or until fragrant. Add heavy whipping cream. Add several grinds of pepper, and (if using) tabasco sauce. Allow mixture to bubble softly and then turn to low-medium heat.
- Add cheese, small amounts at a time, until cheese has melted into mixture. Stir often.
- Pour mixture over pasta, chicken, and mushrooms. Use a pasta server to mix thoroughly. Let stand for 3-5 minutes for sauce to thicken and mix. Stir once more before serving.
I always serve with steamed broccoli and white wine.
Makes 3-4 servings
I’m linking up this great dinner recipe here